Youth Company Performances at Eastern Connecticut Ballet
Eastern Connecticut Ballet’s Youth Company is a select group of dancers which represents ECB at many different venues throughout the region. They perform classical, contemporary and original choreography staged by Artistic Director Gloria Govrin and ECB resident faculty and guest artists. With permission of the Balanchine Trust, Company dancers have performed selections from Balanchine’s Serenade, Raymonda and Concerto Barocco. They have also performed works by José Limón with permission of the Limón Company.
Membership in the Company is a privilege we offer to students who demonstrate the highest level of ability and commitment. Students in Levels 6,7,8 and 8+ are eligible to audition for the Youth Company.
Please note: parents of potential Company members must attend a mandatory meeting on Friday, September 7th, 2018 from 6:30-7:15pm.
ECB is committed to bringing original and professional-level productions to the stage, such as our acclaimed world premiere of Ballerina Swan. This ballet was based on a book by Allegra Kent, a former principal dancer with the New York City Ballet. Ballerina Swan is a part of our From the Pages to The Stage series which creates charming ballets for families from beloved works of children’s literature.
Other regional arts organizations often invite our Company dancers to collaborate with them on special projects. The Eastern Connecticut Symphony Orchestra has accompanied our performances of The Nutcracker, Benjamin Britten’s The Young Person’s Guide To The Orchestra, and The Carnival of the Animals by Saint-Saëns. Other collaborators have included the U.S. Coast Guard Band, the New Haven Ballet, Sound Music, Shoreline Arts Alliance, and the Connecticut Dance Alliance.
Whether they are under the lights on the main stage at the historic Garde Arts Center, on the more intimate stage of The Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center, or on many school stages throughout the region, our students experience the thrill of dancing for enthusiastic audiences of all ages.
Please visit our Gallery for additional photos and videos.
• Serenade – By George Balanchine – With permission of the Balanchine Trust through Gloria Govrin
• Concerto Barocco (1st Movement) – By George Balanchine – With permission of the Balanchine Trust through Deborah Flomine
• Raymonda Variations – By George Balanchine – With permission of the Balanchine Trust through Gloria Govrin
• Musical Offerings by José Limón – with permission of José Limón Foundation
• Vivaldi, Lester, Bach by José Limón -with permission of José Limón Foundation
• Delibes Waltz by Gloria Govrin
• The Four Seasons by Gloria Govrin
• Gershwin Suite by Gloria Govrin
• Marches by Gloria Govrin for collaboration with ECSO
• Interplay by Gloria Govrin
• Faust by Gloria Govrin
• Le Corsaire set by Debra Ryder
• Cinderella set by Debra Ryder
• Sleeping Beauty set by Debra Ryder
• Les Sylphides set by Debra Ryder
Youth Company Repertory (continued):
• Evacuees by Lisa DeRibere
• Minkus Pas de Trois By Adam Miller
• Simply Mozart by Krystin Dixon
• Country Dances by Krystin Dixon
• Les Fleurs de Rose by Krystin Dixon
• Character Dances by Alla Nikitina
• Like a Cloud, Like a Wing, Like a White Light Burning… By Bo Parish
• Road to OZ by Leslie Unger
• On Common Ground by Margaret LaVon Phil
From the Pages to the Stage series:
• Ballerina Swan by Gloria Govrin
• Carnival of Animals by Gloria Govrin
• Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra by Gloria Govrin
• Green Eggs and Ham by Debra Collins-Ryder
• Les Patineurs by Betty Seibert
• Hansel & Gretel by Krystin Dixon, Adam Miller