How to Participate in the Nutcracker
The Nutcracker is performed at The Garde Arts Center in New London.
- Dancers enrolled in Levels 1-8+ are eligible to audition.
Sign Up to Audition
- Click here to visit the calendar. Choose the The Nutcracker audition day and time to sign up.
Mandatory Nutcracker Meeting:
- Company Parent Meeting - Levels 6 - 8+ Friday, September 6th, 7-8pm
- ALL Nutcracker Parent Meeting - Saturday, September 7th 12:15-1:45pm.
- In order for your dance to be eligible to audition, a parent representative MUST attend this meeting.
- (COMPANY dancers: If your dancer is in Levels 6,7,8 and would like to audition for Company, a parent representative MUST attend the Company Parent Meeting on Saturday September 7th from 12:15-1:45pm.)
- There is a $30.00 Audition Fee to be paid on Audition Day
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to audition time
Nutcracker and Company 2019 Auditions - Saturday, September 14th
- No 9:00am Level 8 class
- Level 7 class with Gloria, Level 6 class with Damara - 10:30-12:00
- Level 7 audition - 12:00-1:00
- Level 6 audition - 1:00-2:00
- Levels 8/8+ class with Gloria - 2:30-4:00
- Levels 8/8+ - 4:00-5:30
Nutcracker 2019 Auditions - Sunday, September 15th
- Levels 3/4/5 audition - 12:30-1:30
Levels 1/2 audition- 1:30-2:30
At the Audition Meeting, you will receive a Nutcracker 2019 Packet including:
- Nutcracker Handbook
- Important Date Sheet
- Hair, Make-Up, Costume Requirements
- Volunteer Form & Requirements
- Posed Photo Shoot Order Form
- Logo Wear Order Form
- DVD Order Form
Quick FAQ Sheet
** We realize that this is as much a parent/guardian commitment as it if for the student during a time of year that is traditionally a busy one for families. So we ask you to carefully consider the time involved as you prepare for holiday family plans, vacations, etc. **
BEING IN NUTCRACKER IS NOT MANDATORY... IT IS OPTIONAL!
- Friday, December 13th at 10:00 am & 12:15 pm (School Children's Performance)
- Saturday, December 14th at 1:30 pm & 7:00 pm (Public Shows)
- Sunday, December 15th at 1:30 pm (Public Show)
- Friday evenings from 4:00 pm - 8:30 pm (All Dancers except Party Babies & Mice)
- Saturday evenings from 10:45 am - 5:00 pm (All Dancers)
- Rehearsals will be announced the Monday prior via email, website and bulletin boards
- Tech Week at the Theater will be December 9th - 12th at The Garde. NO CLASSES
- Dancers will most likely be called EVERY evening of Tech Week
- FULL CAST Rehearsal at ECB in full stage makeup and hair Saturday, December 7th
- FULL CAST must hold the following Sundays OPEN from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm in case extra rehearsals are needed
- November 17th, 24th, and December 8th
- The commitment to participate in the Nutcracker requires students to attend ALL rehearsals scheduled for the roles to which they have been assigned. Students must be available for all performances in which they are scheduled. Most roles are double cast. Therefore your child should expect to perform in 2 or 3 out of 5 performances. Some students will perform in all 5 shows. Casting is NON-NEGOTIABLE.
- Audition Fee: $30.00 to be paid on audition day
- Non Company-One Role: $125.00
- Non Company- Two Roles: $160.00
- Company: $400 (for the season Sept 2019-Aug 2020) - Levels 6,7,8,8+ ONLY
- If you are new to ECB, a professional Make-Up Kit will need to be purchased by each performer. Some younger roles only require select items. You may purchase single items