How to Participate in the Nutcracker
The Nutcracker is performed at The Garde Arts Center in New London.
- Dancers enrolled in Levels 1-8+ are eligible to audition.
Sign Up to Audition
- Visit our event calendar and click on The Nutcracker audition day and time to sign up.
Mandatory Nutcracker Meeting:
- Friday, September 7th from 5:45-6:30pm.
- In order for your dance to be eligible to audition, a parent representative MUST attend this meeting.
- (COMPANY dancers: If your dancer is in Levels 6,7,8 and would like to audition for Company, a parent representative MUST attend the Company Parent Meeting on Friday September 7th from 6:30-7:15pm.)
- There is a $30.00 Audition Fee to be paid on Audition Day
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to register
Nutcracker 2018 Auditions - Saturday, September 8th
Nutcracker & Company Level 8 - 12:30 am - 1:30 pm
Nutcracker & Company Level 7 - 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Nutcracker & Company Level 6 - 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Nutcracker 2018 Auditions - Sunday, September 9th
Nutcracker & Company Levels 3/4/5 - 12:30 am - 1:30 pm
Nutcracker & Company Levels 1/2 - 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
At the Audition Meeting, you will receive a Nutcracker 2018 Packet including:
- Nutcracker Handbook
- Important Date Sheet
- Hair, Make-Up, Costume Requirements
- Volunteer Form & Requirements
- Posed Photo Shoot Order Form
- Logo Wear Order Form
- DVD Order Form
Quick FAQ Sheet
** We realize that this is as much a parent/guardian commitment as it if for the student during a time of year that is traditionally a busy one for families. So we ask you to carefully consider the time involved as you prepare for holiday family plans, vacations, etc. **
BEING IN NUTCRACKER IS NOT MANDATORY... IT IS OPTIONAL!
- Friday, December 7th at 10:00 am & 12:15 pm (School Children's Performance)
- Saturday, December 8th at 1:30 pm & 7:00 pm (Public Shows)
- Sunday, December 9th at 1:30 pm (Public Show)
- Friday evenings from 4:00 pm - 8:30 pm (All Dancers except Party Babies & Mice)
- Saturday evenings from 10:45 am - 5:00 pm (All Dancers)
- Rehearsals will be announced the Monday prior via email, website and bulletin boards
- Tech Week at the Theater will be December 3th - 6th at The Garde
- Dancers will most likely be called EVERY evening of Tech Week
- FULL CAST must hold Sunday 11/11, 11/18 & 12/2 OPEN from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm in case extra rehearsals are needed
- The commitment to participate in the Nutcracker requires students to attend ALL rehearsals scheduled for the roles to which they have been assigned. Students must be available for all performances in which they are scheduled. Most roles are double cast. Therefore your child should expect to perform in 2 or 3 out of 5 performances. Some students will perform in all 5 shows. Casting is NON-NEGOTIABLE.
- Audition Fee: $30.00 to be paid on audition day
- Non Company-One Role: $125.00
- Non Company- Two Roles: $160.00
- Company: $350.00 (for the season Sept 2018-Aug 2019) - Levels 6,7,8,8+ ONLY
- If you are new to ECB, a professional Make-Up Kit will need to be purchased by each performer. Full Kit price: $68.00. Some younger roles only require select items. You may purchase single items