Closing Letter

Dear ECB Families

Due to the Covid -19 outbreak I have decided the most responsible course of action is to postpone classes and rehearsals at ECB from today, Friday March 13 through Sunday March 29. This date, of course, will be subject to reassessment as events unfold. I have been monitoring the incoming information on an hourly basis. The status is changing rapidly and becoming more worrisome. I no longer feel confident in our ability to provide a safe environment for our children, families, faculty and staff. Despite our concerted efforts, hand washing and sanitizing protocols may not keep up with the spread of germs on barres, in bathrooms, and in closely occupied dressing rooms. We do not want to put parents in a position where they feel pressured to send their children to class. In addition, we also want to do our part to help curtail the spread of the virus.

I realize this creates many questions about make-up classes, the Spring Showcase and a possible extended school year. I hope you will be patient and bear with us. We are all facing the same uncertainties. ECB staff will be working both remotely and on site in order to address these details and assist you with any concerns. We will reach out to you as further decisions are made.

We take your students’ dance education very seriously and will do our best to responsibly provide for their needs. We want to make sure our dedicated and hardworking dancers continue to have a wonderful year. We will miss you and look forward to reuniting as soon as possible.

Until then, stay well!

Lise Reardon
ECB Director