IT’S TIME FOR A CHANGE OF SCENERY
We’re giving ECB’s Nutcracker all-new stage sets, and you can help!
Eastern Connecticut Ballet
ANNUAL FUND 2018-2019
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
MAKE A GIFT TO SUPPORT NEW SCENERY FOR THE NUTCRACKER
Why is new scenery so important for this beloved ballet? Two decades of performances have taken their toll on the backdrops that set the stage for each magical scene. With your help, audiences for this year’s Nutcracker— and for many years to come — will see spectacular new scenes that connect the story to our own corner of Connecticut.
Looming more than 25-feet-high, the backdrops will transform the Garde Arts Center’s stage into a winter’s day in New London during the 1850s, complete with tall ships, a sea captain’s Victorian home, local lighthouses, and other landmarks. For thousands of children in our audiences, these visions will open their eyes to their region’s past as well as the creative, collaborative traditions of professional dance and theater. Fufan Zhang, a designer who earned her MFA from Yale School of Drama, is directing the project in Yale’s set design shop this fall.
Your gift to the Annual Fund also will fund all of the programs listed below. Above all, your donation will help us to guide our students’ steps and encourage our young dancers to rise to new heights. On behalf of all of us at Eastern Connecticut Ballet, thank you for your inspiring gift as we set the stage for our 27th season!
Lise Reardon - Executive Director
Gloria Gorvin - Artistic Director
Your gift will make possible:
- • New scenery for The Nutcracker
- • A professional performance of The Nutcracker for more than 7,000 in the community
- • Two free matinee performances for 2,700 local schoolchildren, many from schools with high needs
- • 500 free tickets to The Nutcracker for families and individuals in need, including those in homeless shelters and group homes
- • 100 free tickets to military families with children
- • Year-round performances for families and young people at venues such as the Garde Arts Center, including ECB’s performances as guest artists with the Eastern Connecticut Symphony Orchestra. Also at the Katherine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center in the acclaimed Children’s Series
- • Guest Artist Fund to bring world-class dancers such as Sara Mearns of NYCB to teach in our summer programs and other star soloists in The Nutcracker
- • Partial and Full Scholarships for talented and motivated dance students who need financial aid, including many from New London Public Schools
- • The Pointe Shoe Fund to meet the rising cost of shoes for students on scholarship
YES, I want to join Eastern Connecticut Ballet as a:
- • Friends of the Ballet ($1 - $99)
- • Family Friends ($100 - $249)
- • Associate Member ($250 - $499)
- • Dance Sponsor ($500 - $999)
- • Ballet Patron ($1,000 - $1,499)
- • Box Seat Holder ($1,500 - $2,999)
- • Ballet Benefactor ($3,000 - $4,999)
- • Founder's Circle ($5,000 - $9,999)
- • Golden Benefactor ($10,000 & above)
Various donor levels will receive:
- • Friends of the Ballet receive recognition in our programs.
- • Family Friends also receive priority seating.
- • Associate Members receive the above plus an invitation to the Saturday evening reception during intermission.
- • Dance Sponsors receive the above plus 2 complimentary tickets to one performance of The Nutcracker.
- • Ballet Patrons receive the above plus 10% discount at The Nutcracker ballet boutique.
- • Box Seat Holders receive the above plus a total of 4 tickets to one performance of The Nutcracker.
- • Ballet Benefactors receive the above plus a total of 6 tickets to one performance of The Nutcracker.
- • Founders receive the above plus 4 tickets to ECB’s Spring Showcase.
- • Golden Benefactors receive the above plus a total of 8 tickets to one Nutcracker performance and 6 free tickets to ECB’s Spring Showcase.
Eastern Connecticut Ballet, Inc. is a nonprofit 501 ©(3) organization founded in 1992.